What is CBD?
CBD (cannabidiol) is a phytochemical called a cannabinoid derived from a cannabis plant.
Hemp vs. Marijuana
Hemp contain 0.3% or less of Delta 9 THC (psychoactive phytochemical) whereas marijuana contains over 0.3% Delta 9 THC.
How does CBD work?
CBD is absorbed through the endocannabinoid system (ECS).
How do I take CBD?
CBD can be taken various ways. 1. Sublingual (most common)
Commonly asked questions.
1. Is your cbd oil organic?
- Our CBD oil is from organically grown industrial hemp. Our hemp comes from one farm in Nashville, Tennessee.
2. Is your cbd oil full spectrum?
- All of our cbd products are full spectrum unless labeled zero THC. Currently only our topicals are zero THC.
3. I noticed some labels say broad spectrum - zero THC, what is that?
- Research has proven that other phytochemicals present such as terpenes, flavonoids and polyphenols work synergistically in the body. Because of this we use broad spectrum vs. isolate. Broad spectrum means the THC has been distilled out leaving as many phytochemicals behind as possible.
4. What is isolate and do you have any products with isolate?
- We currently do not carry isolate products. Isolate means the cannabinoid CBD has been isolated and does not contain any other phytochemicals. Isolate is similar to broad spectrum because it contains zero THC. However broad spectrum also contains other phytochemicals in lesser amounts than full spectrum.
5. What extraction method is used and is it safe?
- We work with one of the leading extractors of the cannabis industry. They use a food grade alcohol method of extraction commonly used in the food and nutritional supplement industries.
6. If I take CBD will I fail a drug test?
- The safe answer is yes, even small amounts of THC can be detected by an urinalysis. We suggest having a conversation with your employer before taking full spectrum CBD products. Our broad spectrum products are THC free so they should not cause a fail on a drug test.
7. What method of taking CBD is the most bioavailable?
- Typically smokable/vape products have the earliest onset. Sublingual and oral methods are slowly absorbed and metabolized over a longer period of time.
8. Do your products contain CBC, CBG or other cannabinoids?
- Yes our products are intentionally curated with broad and full spectrum CBD oil to facilitate the "Entourage Effect". Broad and full spectrum CBD oils contain amounts of other cannabinoids. All products have COA's available so you can see what "minor cannabinoids" are present in each product.
9. What is the "Entourage Effect?"
- The "Entourage Effect" is the scientifically researched theory that states phytochemicals (terpenes, cannabinoids, flavonoids) work synergistically.
10. Is CBD safe to take while pregnant or nursing?
- There is currently no research supporting the safety of any cannabis consumption while pregnant or nursing.
11. Will CBD interact with my medications?
- We highly advise and can not stress enough the importance of consulting your physician beforehand if you take other medications. Research is suggesting common drug interactions do occur.
15. I have taken CBD before but it didn't work.
- Many variables could be the reason, here are a few; 1. bad product 2. it was isolate and your body is more receptive to full spectrum 3. you took too low of a dose 4. you took it irregularly.
16. What time a day should I take CBD?
- Our general suggestion is a 1/2 dropper, 2-3 times/day. It is highly suggested that you take it at the same time daily. If you notice any fatigue after taking CBD, try taking it at night.
17. What is the ECS?
- The ECS absorbs, digests and transports cannabinoids using receptors and neurotransmitters. These receptors are known as CB1 and CB2 receptors.